Building materials and their potential for new design applications are constantly evolving. Architectural Ultra High Performance Concrete (A|UHPC) has expansive capabilities in the built environment. Our team of experts is developing educational tools to assist architects in understanding the characteristics of A|UHPC and fully leverage its strength and design potential. Drawing from our extensive experience in a wide variety of installations, we are also creating a library of how-to videos and instruction manuals to support installers and help them achieve a successful project and realize the full benefit of working with A|UHPC and TAKTL.
- Explain the properties and performance of Ultra High Performance Concrete (UHPC)
- Describe the history of UHPC and current architectural applications
- Examine Architectural UHPC panel and cast facade element applications
- Outline manufacturing processes and related design-cost considerations
Complete the course for 1 Learning Unit.
- Describe wall system options for cladding open-joint, back-ventilated facades with Architectural UHPC
- Identify critical factors for wall assembly design
- Explain cost drivers for manufacturing and installing Architectural UHPC facade panels
- List the types and benefits of pre-fabricated, unitized solutions utilizing Architectural UHPC
- Discuss how to work with a manufacturer to develop budget pricing, a specification, and timeline
Complete the course for 2 Learning Units.