TAKTL Careers TAKTL is based upon a new class of Architectural Ultra High Performance Concrete (A|UHPC) and represents an entirely new model and approach to its manufacture. Our products have been chosen for building envelopes in prestigious commercial and institutional projects worldwide. The TAKTL manufacturing facility, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is designed as an automated, resource efficient, modular manufacturing model that utilizes local materials and can easily be reproduced in other domestic and international markets. The TAKTL culture is one of innovation and multi-disciplinarian collaboration, drawing talented professionals from a wide range of fields who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment on the leading edge of technology and design.
Apply Now: Staff Application | Manufacturing Team Application
Our recruiting team will contact you if we plan to schedule an interview. No calls please.
|Architectural Project Manager||
MANUFACTURING: Production Assistant (Full Time),Turtle Creek, PA
TAKTL® is a Pittsburgh-based manufacturer of custom concrete panels that are used on building exteriors and interiors worldwide. Panels are manufactured exclusively at our Turtle Creek facility using a proprietary Ultra High Performance Concrete (UHPC) technology. TAKTL products have been chosen for commercial and institutional projects all over North America.
We are seeking production employees with all levels of experience who are interested in learning a new industry and building a career with a local company. Successful candidates are reliable, hardworking, and team-oriented. Manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
TAKTL offers extensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance, 401K, paid vacation, and paid holidays). Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
- Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm (shift hours may vary depending on assignment)
- Physical, drug test, background check required
- Full Time Position
Potential Job Functions:
- Move and lift molds, concrete panels, or other materials by hand or using forklifts, overhead cranes, or other material handling equipment
- Operate casting, cutting, drilling and/or spraying machinery and equipment to support production processes
- Read and interpret fabrication drawings for custom panels
- Use tools to measure panels, equipment, and parts
- Record manufacturing data using computer (ERP) system
- Clean and maintain work areas and equipment
- Constant use of hands and arms in lifting, pushing, pulling, gripping materials
- Exertion of sufficient force to lift, push, pull or carry objects
- Walking up and down stairs, balancing, crouching and stooping
- Standing for 8 or more hours every day
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs
- Read and listen to instructions
- Wear eye, hearing, hand and foot protection
- Work in an industrial work environment which can be hot, cold, dusty, wet, and/or noisy
STAFF CAREERS: Architectural Project Manager
TAKTL® offers architectural careers with excellent starting salaries and advancement potential, broad industry exposure to top architects, engineers, facade unitizers, installing contractors, and general contractors across a wide range of prominent construction projects, and the opportunity to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of researchers, architects, industrial designers, and manufacturing experts at the forefront of industry innovation.
TAKTLis a Pittsburgh-based designer and manufacturer of facade panels and architectural elements utilizing propriety new Architectural Ultra High-Performance Concrete (A|UHPC®) formulation and automated production technology. Our products have been chosen for building envelopes in prestigious commercial and institutional projects worldwide and seen in publications such as Architectural Record and Architect Magazine, a sampling of which can be viewed at www.taktl-llc.com/projects
We are currently looking for a project manager with 3-5 years of architectural or façade construction experience to manage projects from the point of final architectural drawings to the coordinated submittal drawing set, collaborating with the design architect and installing contractor and directing the activities of 3rd party engineers and in-house architectural detailers. This requires the ability to analyze architectural drawings, understand the design intent, then deconstruct and resolve details, request RFI’s, manage the construction of the coordinated drawings for submittal, and maintain the project schedule. Projects range from relatively fast-moving re-clads and renovations to major new construction with custom façade elements. Training and career development are provided by senior level architects experienced in façade design and construction.
- 3 years of relevant experience in architecture orconstruction
- BArch or 4-year BS/BA in Architecture/ConstructionManagement or similar
- Proficiency in interpreting and creating architecturaldrawings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – with ability tocommunicate effectively with senior managers, engineers, detailers, designers,and contractors
- Interests in manufacturing and architectural assembly
This is an excellent opportunity with upside growth potential in a firm on the leading edge of technology, sustainable design and manufacturing practices. We offer competitive salary, full benefits and a stimulating, creative work environment. This is a Pittsburgh-based position with minimal travel requirements.